Personal Leadership Statement
“Although we are many miles apart, we share the same earth and the same sky.”
I inspire and nurture the growth of individuals through mentorship with compassion, integrity and authenticity. I believe in and promote equality, the standing up for the excellence of each other and in dignity, the acceptance of all individuals and their gifts, and am accountable to those values. I promote literacy, gender equality and health as foundations for future food security and as a global leader empower people through a multidisciplinary, regenerative approach to grow food, protect environments, strengthen trade and secure financial independence for themselves, their families and their communities while respecting the historical and cultural space in which they live.
What I Do
I am a mentor, speaker, writer and past farmer who is recognized for my communication abilities and global vision on food systems and food security. I particularly enjoy working with young entrepreneurs worldwide.
Where I come from
My roots were firmly planted in rural Canada – a place where you could grow in a mix of tradition, innovation and creativity. Always self- employed, I used my entrepreneurial skills to build my market analyst and ranching businesses and launch into global studies, mentoring and consulting.
I am extremely proud that I have a young, vibrant, client base that is in every aspect of food production, processing, research, technology and retail, in sales, in the arts and manufacturing and whom reside in all corners of the world. Serving as both coach and connector for entrepreneurs is a privilege and I offer elite consulting services to people and companies that are ready for discovery and growth.
My global work in food systems compliments my involvement as a senior level director on national boards, in community leadership, as a keynote speaker and as a columnist. Please see my CV for the complete details.
- To encourage, until there is acceptance, the regeneration, not the sustainability, of food systems and communities.
- To continue to reach young entrepreneurs’ through mentoring
- To build advocacy for women and youth and in particular for gender equality, literacy and health.
- To create deeper ties between human and animal welfare.
- To create a space for all people, including world leaders to decompress and regenerate through conversation and nature
- To leave a literary legacy and changed hearts through the written and inspirational word.